Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Some Chinaman in Korea.....

I was coming home today on the train (subway, metro or tube depending on where you're from) and what did I notice? Someone calmly clipping their fingernails! I do realise that grooming habits are important to people and getting a manicure can be quite calming. But seriously? Do you have to do it on the commute home? During rush hour? In front of people where your nail clippings can fly onto their laps?

Question: Am I wrong?
Answer: "No Walter. You're just an asshole" -- The Big Lebowski

Question: Am I being culturally insensitive?
Answer: "Dude, Chinaman is not the preferred, uh... Asian- American. Please." --The Big Lebowski

Simonita Says, "If this whole InterWeb 2.0 thingy is making us feel that we can only connect, interact with, and affect people from in front of a computer screen while making us completely unmannered, boorish and obtuse out in public; we might to give up this web thing."

No comments: